BIAFF RESULTS 2023

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Michael Slowe

Re: BIAFF RESULTS 2023

Post by Michael Slowe »

I hope that we are not over using our time on this Forum but we may as well continue!

Howard, I'm sorry, but i see no justification for the behaviour of that film maker following his One Star. The film was obviously not considered very good, surely he could accept that. Not wishing to labour the point but as you know I had One Star last year and I have had Three Diamonds (or equivalent) in the past. I obviously made a poor film, although I felt it had been under rated, I didn't vow never to enter another film.

Colour grading I don't think is as good as numbers, as there is less flexibility, in any case it's still indicating how good the judges regard the film to be and people like the chap you mention would still be upset.
ned c

Post by ned c »

May I insert a huge thank you to the organizers of the Zoom presentations of BIAFF. Sitting over 5,000 miles away I enjoyed the comments and the films; although some start times were the middle of the night for me!

Special thanks to Simon and Jill.

Glad I lived this long!!
Regard to all
ned c
Albert Noble

Post by Albert Noble »

Well, I received 3 stars for 'Fonts' and received best animation
at Wolverhampton Film Festival recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BrPK4prq7s

At 90 next month my
creative juices are getting a bit thin, methinks :-)
It's many years now since I made animated films so
this was my first effort recently to get back into the
animated saddle as it were.

Congrats to all the winners, may your moving frames forever light up
the cinema screens.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

I am very happy to see Albert back on the forum ... these 90-year-old youngsters have a lot to say.

Ned, thanks for the thanks. I will make sure the word gets back to the people mainly responsible: Jill Bunting and John Smith (on main controls), Martin Evans (on click control in the cinema), Ian Bennett (on stage camera) and Simon Sumner (Chairman/Moderator/Boss)

It was good to see you all week, looking comfortable and attentive.

Cheers

Dave