AGM 2022 - what should we aim for?

IAC General Discussions
Dave Watterson

AGM 2022 - what should we aim for?

Post by Dave Watterson »

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of the Institute will be held on Saturday 12th November 2022 at 12 noon online via Zoom Meeting. You can see the detailed notice at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oIIb4G ... aNNHR/view

All very formal, unheralded and anodyne.

But this is surely a time when we need to re-energise the Institute, when we should look forward to change and invigoration.

The formal agenda allows for little of that ... but traditionally there is a place after the formalities for "Members' Voices" when anyone can proffer ideas and comments.

What say you?
tom hardwick

Re: AGM 2022 - what should we aim for?

Post by tom hardwick »

And it turned out to be an excellent Zoom gathering. Half an hour of AGM formalities, then another 90 minutes of any other business, when all sorts of interesting topics came to light.
ned c

Post by ned c »

Is there a recording of the AGM Zoom meeting available? I would like to have attended but it was at 4:45 am my time!
ned c
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

I too would like access to a recording, it's always preferable to be able to watch things in our own time, it is often difficult to attend these meetings 'live' I find.

Dave, I always regarded you as a 'big wig' in the IAC, one who was in the know and with influence. I go back to Menasseh and Gillham in the late 1960s when they ran the whole thing and whose words were law. Where do we want to go and how to get there, that is the question.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Michael - I am nothing in the IAC now ... except perhaps a thorn in the side!

Simon Sumner should have the Zoom recording and I see no reason why he should not make it available.