You Tube

IAC General Discussions
Alwyn Anne

You Tube

Post by Alwyn Anne »

Hi,

I have been trying to upload a 60 second film to You Tube and it keeps failing. Does anyone know what the problem could be? It says it could be my provider (I am with Talk Talk), is this right or could I be doing something wrong? My film is on Pinnacle Studio 14. :?

Ta
Dave Watterson

Re: You Tube

Post by Dave Watterson »

We need a few more clues before we can pin down the problem.

Talk Talk is unlikely to be the problem.

1) Are you on broadband or dial-up?
2) What type of file are you trying to send? (xxx.avi, xxx.mod xxx.flv or something else?)
3 Have you got a fire-wall on your computer which might possibly be suspicious about a large file leaving your machine?
4) Is anything else likely to be using your connection at the same time - such as an anti-virus program checking for updates, Spotify playing music, someone else in the house playing a multi-user game?
5) Can you make a note of the exact message you get from YouTube when things stop?

The YouTube is system is pretty tolerant of most forms of file so the issue is more likely to be something to do with the way your computer is sending it or with the connection between you and YouTube.

Sorry - this is not meant to sound like an interrogation (!) - just trying to get a better idea of what is happening.

Dave
Alwyn Anne

Post by Alwyn Anne »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for replying. I am on broadband. Its an AVI file. I have a Windows firewall. I also have AVG aniti-virus but it wasn't looking for updates. My husband has been on his computer at the same time but not playing games. I have spotify but it wasn't on.

The message said "Error: Failed to publish your project to the web. This may be an internal issue with the video hosting service provider"

Thanks

Alwyn
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Take a look at
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfser ... lite=34632

This suggests that changes in YouTube's protocols have raised compatability issues - and the short answer is not to use Studio's own upload facility but to export your movie to a file on the computer first. Then use YouTube's upload facility.

Do let us know if this works!

Dave
Alwyn Anne

Post by Alwyn Anne »

Thanks Dave, will give it a try.

Alwyn
Alwyn Anne

Post by Alwyn Anne »

Hi Dave,

Put the flags up, it worked, by doing as you suggested. Saving my film to file, then using You Tube upload system. It was a struggle saving it to file as I couldn't find it, but when I put in search, up it came.

Thanks for your help :)

Alwyn
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

PHEW!