SERIAC Website...

IAC General Discussions
Mike Shaw

SERIAC Website...

Post by Mike Shaw »

For those of you in the South East area, SERIAC now has a web-site, gradually being assembled. Still lots to do. Actually, the last upload seems to have managed to 'drop bits off' -two steps forward, one step back. But we're slowly getting there. I hope!

If you're not in the South East area - well, have a peek anyways.

Oh yes ... where is it? - here! (That's www.seriac.org.uk btw)
Willy

Re: SERIAC Website...

Post by Willy »

Congratulations, Mike and Seriac !
It feels good to see the Tonbridge Oast Theatre again. A typically Kentish oast house. The Sussex ones are a bit different. I will never forget the film show in the Oast Theatre some years ago. For those who don't know ... There is also a nice pub with excellent food next door. Good for groups. Spitfire and other excellent beers. (I'm exaggerating again, because I always drink diet coke). It also feels good to see all those friends again on your web-site. They all seem to be very happy. The pictures are bright. It is a website with a convenient arrangement. It also tells us why it is good to join the IAC. Scotland is my favourite country, but the South-East is my favourite region. I'll be back in your region on 10th April. On my way back home from Devon. My B&B is in Biddenden. Tudor House is an ideal pit-stop. I also love Tenterden. One of my Belgian friends can't pronounce the word Tenterden. She always says "Tettettenterden". That's bad of me, isn't it ? But my English friend Brian laughs with my pronunciation from time to time. It seems that I always pronounce the word "film" with a foreign accent ! I think I live north of the river Thames, but I will visit your website from time to time. Good luck with it !
Willy Van der Linden
Mike Shaw

Re: SERIAC Website...

Post by Mike Shaw »

Thanks for those kind words Willy. On the list of things to enter is a write up on your splendid presentation at the Oast a couple of years or so ago - there are so many things to be done still. We'll get there eventually!

My step-daughter lived in a cottage in Biddenden - down a road by the Three Tuns (or the Three something ... memory...) - next door to a B&B. And right opposite to where one of the Cold Play group lived. She was renting it from the National Trust, and they wanted it back, so she's not there now.