Daily Mail Trophy and Urbain Appeltans

IAC General Discussions
Willy

Daily Mail Trophy and Urbain Appeltans

Post by Willy »

Good News !

Some years ago - I think it was in Bedford - Urbain Appeltans won "The Daily Mail Trophy" with his entry "Hannah". The years before he showed his other diamond films "Dimato", a story
about a bachelor who lived on a barge and his friend, and also "Prinsje" as story about tortoises. "Cinemascope" was a third successful film at BIAFF.

I am sure that many friends would like to know how Urbain is at the moment.

All our friends who attend BIAFF every year know that Urbain was seriously ill at the time he was in Bedford. A few minutes ago I had a chat with Urbain. He feels much better now and after "keeping the sabbath" and obeying the doctor he even decided to start filmmaking again. In his sabbath year he bought a new aquarium with tropical sea fish, his second passion, but now he is ready to enter films for BIAFF, Guernsey etc... again. He will give me his film "Idylle" in order to translate it and he will record Magda Verbist's voice for my own film "My Eightieth Birthday".
Willy Van der Linden
Brian Saberton

Re: Daily Mail Trophy and Urbain Appeltans

Post by Brian Saberton »

That's great news Willy, I'm glad to hear that Urbain is feeling better and making films again.
Brian Saberton
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

I'll second that thought of Brian's ... Urbain's films are always welcome. It has been a rough patch for him and his friends.

- Dave
billyfromConsett

Post by billyfromConsett »

That's great news Willy - I've seen a few of the man's movies. I'd like to see a few more from a movie-maker of his skill.