PANASONIC NV-DV2000EC DECK

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

PANASONIC NV-DV2000EC DECK

Post by Peter Stedman »

Having now got my new Sony Z5 camera with the ability to record in Hi Def I am considering disposing of my ever faithful Panasonic NV-DV2000ec deck and upgrade to a HiDef deck.

I've had it from new and all the details can be seen at http://www.avland.co.uk/panasonic/nvdv2000/. This deck is capable of so much but I have never used it for editing, only as a play/record deck to and from the PC. Naturally I have the instruction manual.

So before I take the plunge and advertise it on this site I would like to discover what it might be worth and if there is any interest and any offers in the first instance.
Pete :)
ned c

Re: PANASONIC NV-DV2000EC DECK

Post by ned c »

Not an answer to your question but some thoughts on a replacement deck. I have a Sony HVR-M15U that plays/records HDV in both 1080 60i and 50i, SD DV and DVCAM in both NTSC and PAL and also takes the full size cassette. I use it as my capture source and record deck. Not inexpensive but a solid performer.

ned c
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks Ned. Yes that is most likely the one I would go for (If I can raise enough $$$$$$$).
Cheers.
Pete
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Got my new 'toy' now so am placing the Panasonic NV-DV2000 in the Classified to see if anyone might be interested. Best price offered can have it.
Pete :)