The IAC`s 75th Film - Watched at last!

IAC General Discussions
stingman

The IAC`s 75th Film - Watched at last!

Post by stingman »

Dear all,
I have just seen the IAC`s 75th film, and I have come out quite impressed! The only thing that I didn`t like was the cartoon character! That`s just me.

The Editing was spot on and the blue screen was good. The Logo at the beginning was nice, but I did feel that it had a 1970`s feel. Pearl and Dean came to mind! (which I love Pearl and Dean).

I have finally met my friends from here! Good ol Willy! You did the IAC proud. My stuff was editied out :shock: :lol: ! My camera at the time just couldn`t hack it. It was half broken!

So well done to everyone that was involved.
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

I will second that.

The Noble Network - as the IAC 75th Anniversary film is known is very good indeed.

The subject matter was difficult ... after all IAC is an organisation and much of its work is meetings, discussions, paperwork and so on. David Andrew, who produced it, did an amazing job in bringing it to life.

I did a shade better than Stingman - there are a couple of seconds of me grinning like a lunatic, but not enough to get the film an X certificate. My bit was shot by Geoff Addis on DV-CAM in his super sound studio. Just off-camera Phil Martin was trying to coax a less than manic performance from me.

Willy is superb - calmly and seriously saying the nicest things about the IAC. Brian Roberts is enthusiastic and has underwater footage to delight the eye. Val Ellis and Richard Currie give good promotions for the library and music advice service.

There is even a glimpse of some judges discussing an entry in BIAFF 2007!

I cannot list all the goodies but confirm this is an enjoyable movie. Of course it promotes the IAC but there is enough of general movie making interest for any club to show it as part of a regular evening.

Any non-IAC members reading this forum can hire it too - see the Video Library section on the main IAC website. You can find out what we are wittering about when we discuss the Institute and see what some of your fellow forum members look like.

Cheers

Dave

PS Stingman - that 75th logo you like is available on the main website to see and download!
stingman

Post by stingman »

Dave Watterson wrote:I will second that.

The Noble Network - as the IAC 75th Anniversary film is known is very good indeed.

PS Stingman - that 75th logo you like is available on the main website to see and download!
I Saw it on the website, thanks!

I was lucky, I got a mention in the titles at the end :shock: :lol: :D :D !! Me, Dave and David Andrews (I think) So you don`t see my face or voice, but a great big mention at the end!!!
Also if you look at the bit about this forum, you will see the name `Stingman` clearly! So a bit of a double there then for your moderator!!

See you guys! Absolutly no autographs please......
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
ned c

Post by ned c »

First, thanks to the IAC for letting us have a copy to view at the AMPS/AMMA/TBW Convention. It is well made, interesting and great to fit some faces to names seen on forums and in the magazine. It tells the story very well but personally I don't think the "green martian" added anything, is a distraction and may confirm a general audience's worst suspicions about amateur movie makers. Sorry about that, just a personal view

Ned C
Willy

Post by Willy »

Dave Watterson wrote:I will second that.

The subject matter was difficult ... after all IAC is an organisation and much of its work is meetings, discussions, paperwork and so on. David Andrew, who produced it, did an amazing job in bringing it to life.
Strikes !
Hello forum-friends. I received the film "The Noble Network" only some days ago. Apparently there are not only postal strikes in Belgium. The first copy must still be in Britain somewhere. That's why David Andrew tried again. Many thanks, David.

Big fish
Of course I was surprised that David, Michael ... took more than one extract from the film that I had sent to them. In Royal Tunbridge Wells I said in my speech that I am only a little shrimp in my country. I did not exaggerate. I don't belong to the "Royal Establishment" as we call it. In "The Noble Network" I look like a big fish. I feel embarrassed, but I am proud at the same time. I'm already getting a big neck (= Dutch expression.) In English it's a "big head".

We are growing old
It also gives a nice feeling to see some IAC-friends in the film. We are like one family. There is only one thing we must admit : we are all growing old. My English moustache seems to be a little bit whiter than last time. On the continent we have the same problem. It's difficult to fill up the generation gap and that gap is getting wider and wider. I even have the impression that youngsters who enjoy making films are acting as individuals. Some are making seperate groups and they don't seem to have the desire to belong to our national umbrella organisation. They organize festivals themselves.

New inspiration
Maybe our Belgian IAC, which is called the CvB, can find new inspiration in this film. Indeed you can see an IAC judging panel at work. In my country they fear such a system. At this moment I am a member of a regional committee that is trying to change our system. Now we have made a first step thanks to the IAC. All films will be pre-judged behind closed doors, but with a member of the "Board of Governors" being present. The "finale" will still be a hard competition with audience. Anyway, there will already be more time (= more than 3 minutes) for the judges to evaluate films in a "decent" way and to write comments.

Green martian
I think that the "green martian" gives a touch of sparkle to the film, Ned. I don't know how to express it in a different way in my second/third language. I enjoyed that little man. In my "Until You Smile" documentary I also used a little bit of animation. My friend and folksinger Brian Higbee moved from Kent to Cornwall. In the film you can see the drawing of a car going west on the Map of England. Once a judge was against it. I still don't know why. Mind, there was more criticism on that film and I agreed with it.

God Bless the IAC !
Congratulations again to David Andrew, Michael Gough and other friends who have made "The Noble Network". God Bless the IAC !
Willy Van der Linden
Jespian

Post by Jespian »

Will the film be avaiable to buy on DVD or on Youtube?