16mm and 9.5mm Transfers

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Jill Lampert

16mm and 9.5mm Transfers

Post by Jill Lampert »

Can anyone recommend somewhere/someone who could do quality 16mm and 9.5mm cine transfers to digital?
Michael Slowe

Re: 16mm and 9.5mm Transfers

Post by Michael Slowe »

Jill, our own Tom Hardwick has quite a business going with Transfers. Certainly his 8mm ones could hardly be bettered but I'm not sure about 16mm. Years ago I had many of my earlier 16mm films digitised but that was twenty five years ago. Stanleys, down in Soho do a pretty good job and I could put you in touch if you want.
Jill Lampert

Post by Jill Lampert »

Thank you, Michael. Sadly Tom doesn't do 16mm nor 9.5mm. Have you used Stanleys for anything recently, Michael? I think my 'team' are hoping to do it all themselves, but we're searching for a 'back-up' plan in case we can't do them or can't do them in time for a showing in September. Anyway, if you have used Stanley's recently for any transfers, I'll tell my team about them and see if they want to make any enquiries. Thanks.
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

No Jill, I haven't used Stanleys for quite a while but I do pop in there from time to time for various small things. They do all kinds of transfers period. They will be as good as anyone, using all the latest gear, obviously price will be a factor so you might want to get some quotes.