Trigg Morris, a dance club in Mid Cornwall

IAC General Discussions
Martin Evans

Trigg Morris, a dance club in Mid Cornwall

Post by Martin Evans »

Received the request for information below. Thought I'd post it here first and then also in the letters page of the next issue which I'm presently knees deep in.
Martin

Hi Martin
Excuse the informal approach, but your name was given to me by William Halsey in Cornwall, who suggested your network in the IAC might help.
This is a request for information from Trigg Morris, a dance club in Mid Cornwall, who have been performing since the early 1970's.
Our archivist has recently come across a copy of the Torquay Herald Express from October 1991 (attached), saying that Truro Cine Club had entered a film of our group in the Teign Cup competition run by the Teign Cine & Video Club.
Would your organisation have any records that might lead us to this film of which we had no knowledge?
The current Teign Club have nothing, but they referred me to someone with knowledge of the former Truro Club who indicated that records of the club had been disposed of some years ago.
I am hoping your network of film makers might have some knowledge of the whereabouts of a copy of this film should it still exist.
Any help you can give would be helpful as we would like sight or copy of this material.
Thanks
roger hancock