Richard Curry

IAC General Discussions
Ken Wilson

Richard Curry

Post by Ken Wilson »

I have just heard via Facebook that Richard Curry has passed away. I have not seen anything posted on here so thought I would let IAC memebrs know. The bits of information are via Facebook but it appears he was in hospital before Christmas, but I don`t know anything more. We were chatting with him at BIAFF last April and he was saying how well he was. Very sad.
TimStannard

Re: Richard Curry

Post by TimStannard »

Indeed, Ken. I've never had any dealings with Richard or even met him, but it's always sad to lose someone from our community - especially someone who gave up so much of his time for the benefit of others.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

I'm a 'me too'. I was most shocked to hear of Richard's death, especially having seen him looking so well at BIAFF just a few months ago. He was such a hard worker for our amateur film movement.

Tom.
Betamax Kid

Post by Betamax Kid »

Really saddened to hear of Richards passing. I had known him from the old film making days shall we say and used to bump into him from time to locally shopping having a good old chat. Richard was always encouraging, giving of helpful advice and when we met usually had a chuckle about something or other.
Will be much missed and fondly remembered here.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

I think the Kid has got it right ... let us remember Richard with warmth and affection.
Willy

Post by Willy »

Yes, it is very sad to hear that Richard has passed away. He was one of my facebook friends and I could see what a fantastic person he was. I met him about ten years ago when I was at the Mersey Ten Competition in Preston and of course he was also at the British International Amateur Film Festival more than once, but I never had a chat with him. I will never forget his smile. Inspite of his disease he seemed to enjoy life together with his friend.
Willy Van der Linden