DO YOU HAVE ANY COPIES F+OF "ACW" FROM 1953 ?

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Dave Watterson

DO YOU HAVE ANY COPIES F+OF "ACW" FROM 1953 ?

Post by Dave Watterson »

I am compiling an exhibition about Brenda Chamberlain, an artist who was living on the Welsh island of Bardsey in the 1950s.

The display will include a screening of a 15-minute film called ‘Island Artist’ by E.E.Pritchard A.R.P.S. Its title sequence states that ‘this film has been awarded a Silver Trophy as one of the Amateur Cine World Ten Best Films of 1953’. I wonder if any of your forum members possesses a copy of Amateur Cine World that can give some information about E.E.Pritchard for inclusion in a caption that labels the film in the exhibition.
(A second film by E.E.Pritchard, The Island in the Current’, also has Bardsey as its subject.)

Sincerely,
Robert Williams

[Mr. Williams asked me to post this on his behalf. If you can help please contact him on robert.williams@llyfrau-magma.co.uk
Someone will surely have issues of the magazine ... Dave.]
Michael Slowe

Re: DO YOU HAVE ANY COPIES F+OF "ACW" FROM 1953 ?

Post by Michael Slowe »

Dave, I had the whole darn lot until 'her indoors' ordered a clear out!!!
Cathy Poole

Post by Cathy Poole »

Not everyone throws valuable copies of old film magazine in the bin.
They should have been given to a charity shop or a second-hand bookshop.

But I found this great website, and saw what you were looking for.

So if you go to

http://www.exeterfilms.com

On their 'Front Page' you will find all the information about EE Pritchard and his film 'Island Artist.'
There is even more detailed information about The Ten Best Films of 1953 on their 'Do You Remember' page.

It's a great read.

Cathy
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Robert tells me he had a very helpful response from Huey Walker and now has the information he needed.