ONE MINUTE MOVIES

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Dave Watterson

ONE MINUTE MOVIES

Post by Dave Watterson »

At BIAFF we don't see many one minute movies. Maybe because it's not easy to make one.

Also because we always think of making a funny one. Humour is something very subjective. English humour is different from French humour. In some countries people laugh with everything. In other countries they never do.

The best one that I have ever seen is I Just Knew by Phil Martin. It's a serious one. It's very romantic. It's not a waggish story. But why should it be a waggish one? And the end there is no surprise. In Dutch we call it "a clou" But that's not a rule. It's a very emotional one and that what counts in the first place.

The one you can see here is just the opposite. In my opinion also a good one. It proves that we don't always have to show things in ten or twenty shots.
To be honest I think that "I Just Knew" is better because you can watch it one hundred times. It's never boring. "The Flu" could be boring after having seen it a few times.

But anyway, now I am thinking very hard to make a one minute movie in two or three shots. That's a challenge.

-posted on behalf of Willy Van der Linden

[youtube2]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoefeCjK3z4[/youtube2]
Willy

Re: ONE MINUTE MOVIES

Post by Willy »

Many thanks, Dave. Mind, this one minute movie was not made by me. The chairman of my club has sent it to all his members. He finds it a good one. I don't know the name of the maker. The title is "De griep" ("The Flu"). It is a good one, but it is not the best movie in the world, I think. Thanks to you, I can better compare both films now. The choice is simple.
Willy Van der Linden
Dave Watterson

Re: ONE MINUTE MOVIES

Post by Dave Watterson »

The film appears all over YouTube and usually with the end titles pointing out that labelling medicines in English rather than Hindi is not helpful in India.

I have not been able to track down the original author.

This one won a major contest last year:

I also rather like this: