hello

IAC General Discussions
john ingham

hello

Post by john ingham »

Hi guys..sorry i havn't contributed as much as i do..its been a bit of a weird time..
1st i have been shooting a advert for a customers website... on the whole work has been quiet.... so money has been very tight
but..this is the weird bit.... we have sold our farm in france..so that means we are going to leave sunny devon and move to wales to buy a small holding..

life is full of strange things ..... :lol: i can see this being a busy year ... so to answer a PM... no..there is no problem..just very busy sorting a new life out :lol:

hope you are all well...

john
Keep trying, for one day you will get it right
Ian Woodward

Re: hello

Post by Ian Woodward »

All the very best in your new life, John.

And in my birthplace, Wales!

As they say, when one door closes...etc.

Ian Woodward
ned c

Post by ned c »

Good luck; John. Hope you find time for some filming. We have lived in 8 different houses in 4 countries so know how those moves feel. Have a good one.

ned c
Willy

Post by Willy »

I wish you all the best, John! Maybe you have bought my neighbour's house. She lived in Camarthen for 30 years. Her husband was a Welshman. He passed away some years ago. She sold her house and she lives on the 2nd floor of our flat now. Wales is a very beautiful country. Good to hear that it is Ian's birthday place. Once I thought he was an Irishman. I am not against our Irish friends you know. I was born on 17th March, on St. Patrick's Day.

35 years ago I spent my summer holidays in Tenby and I discovered fantastic places in Pembrokeshire. (Manorbier, St. Govan's Head, St. David's,... ) I enjoyed myself taking pictures with my photo camera. Some years later I went back together with my colleagues. It was winter time. Those half term holidays in February were unforgettable. I still remember the sheep in the snow. It was in the Brecon Beacons. We stayed in Llandrindod Wells. We slept with our winter coats on in bed. Afterwards we went to Llangollen. I will never forget the hotel along the river. It was called the "Chain Bridge Hotel". And then our trip to the Snowdon by train! I can still hear the noise of the train. I was already a beginning filmmaker at that time. Of course I also remember our stays in Betws-y-coed (waterfalls) and in Holyhead on our way to Ireland together with my wife Vera. It resulted in the diamond film "An Irish Moment" (2001). But why am I telling you this? Making a holiday fillm also means a series of holiday adventures.

John, as you know I asked you to help me with my next film "The Sparkle and the Splendour", a documentary about a silversmith who lives in Launceston. However I realise that you are extremely busy now. I have also asked a member of the South West Region to help me. He is willing to do this. I appreciate your willingness to aid, but I understand that in life there are sometimes other priorities.

Maybe one day we will meet in Wales, John, we will have a rarebit together, watch a rugby match or attend an eystedfod or Welsh songfestival. Some friends know that it is one of my dreams to make a celtic film about Wales but sometimes I bite off more than I can chew. First the other projects.

Croeso am Cymru!
Willy Van der Linden
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

John

You have your work cut out: -

A - Buy a map,
B - Mark on it all the Movie Making Clubs in Wales,
C - Work out the maximum travelling distance you will undertake related to each club
D - Draw circles around each club location related to "C"
E - Then find a small holding within any of the circles
F - Charge up the camcorder batteries
H - Make a movie, initial title......The best looking sheep in Wales

:lol:

Best of luck

p.s. I come from a long Welsh line of "Evans - The Shoemakers"
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
john ingham

Post by john ingham »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

still a long way to go yet..but the plans are in the making... i will be do a film on smallholding as there is so much to learn...
and yes..i do love wales too..also we do have many friends over there...
Keep trying, for one day you will get it right