Premiere pro CS5 export problem.

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

Premiere pro CS5 export problem.

Post by Roy1 »

I hope someone can help in plain English. When I click on to export, all the options are greyed out, I want to open Adobe media encoder and make the timeline project into a file suitable for YouTube. How do I correct the greying out. I'm sure it was okay previously. I seem to remember vaguely that I could send an HDV video to YouTube direct from the timeline.
Roy1

Re: Premiere pro CS5 export problem.

Post by Roy1 »

I have managed to get the export options back in business. I don't know how I did it. I can only get Main Concept encoder to work with. Is this normal? I thought you could also use Adobe media encoder. Perhaps someone will put me right about that.
john ingham

Post by john ingham »

not sure about the encoder..but if i think we are looking at the same thing..you need to click the time line area before you can upload or the box will be grey/unlit
Keep trying, for one day you will get it right
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

I have got everything working again except the adobe encoder. I have placed videos on you tube but the results of the HD video is bad.I have in the past made good HD on YouTube but I've forgotton how to do it with the right formats. I've tried Mpeg 2, Mpeg 4 and H264 and they all look bad. I'm now trying with main concept to encode as mpeg2 blu-ray and to see what happens. If someone can tell me the best way to upload HD I will be grateful.
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

In CS5.5 with the timeline highlighted I can select: -
File > Export > Adobe Media Encoder (or CTRL+M)

If I select h264 there is a preset for Youtube Widescreen HD the standard settings are:-
1280x720 NTSC 24 fps VBR ave8 Max 9 Audio AAC 44.1kHz 64bps

I have just uploaded a few videos onto Youtube (Centreline Video channel) by using the movies I had already made in full HD MP4 format, interestingly this is my first upload into Youtube and one movie is very clear when I view it full screen and yet the tutorial video are slightly blurred vet they are very clear in Vimeo

All I did was select upload and then I chose the full HD video files and let Youtube upload them and convert

Not sure if this will help but one of the tutorials is about makind SD and HD video files in MPG2 and MP4 format
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

COL. That is what I used to do when I first uploaded HDV from CS5. Although the standard setting you mentioned would not be the one for PAL. However I can't do it now because as I said ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER DOES NOT APPEAR AS A CHOICE. ONLY MAIN CONCEPT IS AVAILABLE.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

I have now sorted out the problem and have found out how to get Adobe Media Encoder to show. Apparantly after going to export media and completing the info required you click onto QUEUE and the AME panel appears for you to use. It's good as you can see the progress of the encoding by means of your video showing on a small screen. I have to say all the tutorials I have and a recently aquired Adobe written manual doesn't mention any of this.
Peter B

Post by Peter B »

Roy. it's a constant moan of mine that instruction manuals tell you everything EXCEPT what you want to know! :(
My attempts at videos & AV sequences can be found on my website- http://www.dragon-sanctuary.co.uk
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

I agree and I used to write manuals!
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Roy

Glad you are sorted

I went from CS3 to CS5.5 and by the sound of your posts the export process between CS5 and CS5.5 is very different
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Peter B

Post by Peter B »

Dave Watterson wrote:I agree and I used to write manuals!
:) :) :D :lol:
My attempts at videos & AV sequences can be found on my website- http://www.dragon-sanctuary.co.uk
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

I've started the new year with more trouble with CS5. To be quite truthfull I am getting heartily sick of working, or trying to, with HD, and if I can't get this latest disaster sorted I'm going back to SD and probally VEGAS. Now when I try to convert HDV to Mpeg to burn to A DVD disc as SD or as AN ISO. Encore tells me everytime that the transcoding has failed. NOW for the unbeleivable part. A Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-216 D burner is actually burning a DVD ISO, made before the troubles, as a Blu-ray on a DVD-RW disc, so of course it won't play back on a DVD playback unit. I am wondering if the CS5 programme has been corrupted and needs to be re-installed.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

further to earlier post today, I have been doing some tests and I now find that encore will work okay with HD both making an ISO and burning to a Blu-ray disc. If I open a new project as DV in Premiere Pro and capture a normal DV video and then use dynamic link, encore will operate correctly and either burn a dv DVD disc. or make an ISO DV file. IMGburn will also burn any of these results. What it won't do is to transcode HDV to SD as an mpeg file, even using all the right procedures and presets. So if I want to make a DVD from the HDV movie, I have to export the HDV timeline back to the camcorder, and then re capture it to Premiere Pro from the cam. SD playback. So if anyone can tell me how to cure the Transcode Failure in Encore when transcoding from HDV to DV it will be a great relief.