Edius 6 Importing a sequence.

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
John C

Edius 6 Importing a sequence.

Post by John C »

In Edius there is the facility to import a sequence from one project to another.

However when I come to use this facility it is "greyed out" and imports the whole project that containes the required sequence. As some projects have a lot of clips this tends to "bung up the works"

Edius used to have a very good help line that was moved to Germany. It was then moved back to the UK but I never found the new UK phone number.

Does anyone know the helpline number and or how to import the sequence. The help in the Manual does not work when I carry out the instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Christmas and Seasonable Greetings, to All

John C :roll:
col lamb

Re: Edius 6 Importing a sequence.

Post by col lamb »

Presently there is no way to import a single sequence, it imports the whole project

It is a feature request within Grass Valley for a future release
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
John C

Re: Edius 6 Importing a sequence.

Post by John C »

Thank you,

I have re read the small print and realise I am too literal ! I did not expect "import a sequence" to really mean "merge two projects"

I have worked round it by creating an avi file of the required sequence and then importing it, however the HD aspects are lost earlier than if that was the last stage of production.

Thank you once again for your help.

John C :lol: