Belgium clling

IAC General Discussions
Tony Grant

Belgium clling

Post by Tony Grant »

Belgium Calling,

Hi everyone,

Over the last few weeks I have created a new http://www.take1stuff.com The idea
I stole from the IAC site and have developed to include all the sites I have used o or thought might
be of use. I would like your imput is it stupid, silly or of use? I hope it will help filmers young and old
with or without money.

All your comments are welcome.

Greetings

Tony http://www.perilous-landings.com
Dave Watterson

Re: Belgium clling

Post by Dave Watterson »

Hi Tony

That such a busy film maker takes time to compile a list of useful sites for the benefit of everyone tells us a lot about your generous heart. Thank you.

The more such sources the better. Since you work at the edge where amateur and semi-professional come together your choices are very relevant to our needs.

It might help if you added a note to those you have personally tried: "Tony says: this seemed a little tricker than XXXX to use but since it is free it is great value."

Oh and in the menu we usually have just two i's not three!

Dave
Tony Grant

Post by Tony Grant »

Thanks Dave
They used to say four i's are better than two so may be I had Nelson on my side. But you were kind not to mention Belgium CLLING.
Excuse: Was at 8ish your time this morning and I had to go out and to look for props for are next film ROSKAM.
The scene is set in the future of our village with 7 children and two horses going back to 1920's
to learn how to survive with little money.They meet up with another 6 children from that era. What did they say
about working with children and animals! Horses working in the fields ploughing and young children spreading the manure,
this is going to happen!
The project is being sponsored by the community but for 10,000 Euro they are expecting Benhur.
The film has to be of feature length !! 1hour, but bless them, the police will close of the centre of
the village for one Sunday plus a main road for two days not to mention the Fire Brigade and the extending ladder.
The school is building a full size undercover INT set for the ‘landwerkershuis’ and the knitting circle is making the
peasant clothes.

The script writer is Flemish and the script has to be in dialect with sub titles.
It’s all part of getting back to the roots and all that.

I came to Belgium to retire now I have to work longer hours than I ever did.

By the way we bought a camera track for the film from one of your members
and if you look at the PL web site the young man with the camera crane made his
first film with me in Arnhem when he was just starting film school and wanted to borrow
a camera. Last week he bought a 10,000 pound Panasonic camera from me
and is giving me three days of camera crane time free to the project. Another by the way,
the camera team will include two 21ish year old young amateur filmers.

Sorry it was going to be a short retort to your message and then it just all came out.
Filming is such fun and I am so lucky to be 65 and doing what I love with lots of young people
taking an active part in film making.

Tony

PS I see by the layout to copy paste is not a good idea but us dyslectics have to use a lot of tricks.
Last edited by Tony Grant on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Woodward

Post by Ian Woodward »

Great stuff, Tony.
Well done.
With many, many thanks,
Ian Woodward