SUPER EIGHT TRANSFER TO DV TAPE ?

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Pqtrick

SUPER EIGHT TRANSFER TO DV TAPE ?

Post by Pqtrick »

I seem to remember that there was someone on the forum who did film transfers from super eight to DV Tape. There is a particular film of around 400 feet, which I would like to have transfered, which I made in cica 1978, When? Am I that old? No, I was very young at the time!
Anyone any idea who it is? So I can sent them a PM.

PW.
In leafy Warwickshire.
Chrisbitz

Re: SUPER EIGHT TRANSFER TO DV TAPE ?

Post by Chrisbitz »

It's Tom Hardwick you need to talk to.
I like to make films, this is- my Youtube account. What's yours?

"all of the above is nothing more than nonsensical ramblings, and definately should NOT be misconstrued as anyone's official policy"
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

If I can help you I will Pqtrick. Did you read my series of atricles in Positive Image last year? I delved quite deeply into the process.

tom.
Pqtrick

Post by Pqtrick »

Thanks Tom, I remember now that I saw your name somewhere. Most of my info is still in boxes. We moved a few months ago back to the UK, so I don't have every thing to hand. I'll try and send you a P.M. shortly with the details and my email etc.

I note I still have my location here as Villeurbanne, France. I'll have to work out how to change that! We seemed to have changed that many things recently. - PW