Sony camcorder DVD

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

Sony camcorder DVD

Post by Peter Stedman »

More problems . . . A colleague has a new toy and that is a Sony camcorder recording on to those small DVDs. We recorded some test clips and viewed playback on the camera. He used SD and that is recorded as MPEG. He then removed the disc and left it with me to put onto the Premiere CS4 timeline.

I put the disc into my PC and then wasted some considerable time in trying to import these couple of clips. How the devil is it done? I can't work it out at all. Any ideas welcome.

Why are these things sent to try us at my age? :?

Pete
tom hardwick

Re: Sony camcorder DVD

Post by tom hardwick »

It may well not be your fault Peter - CS4 may not be able to do such a thing though I'd bet CS5 can. Of course you could play the MiniDVDs and take the S + audio out of the player and feed that to Premiere.
Peter Stedman

Re: Sony camcorder DVD

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks Tom,
What would we do without you? However I had realised that it could be done that way but I had assumed - wrongly as ever - that it could be done another way. We always live and learn don't we?

All of us appreciate your replies and help with our niggling problems. No doubt there are many that know the answers but YOU are always there in the forefront with your help. Cheers. Pete