As posted on YouTube

IAC General Discussions
Roy1

As posted on YouTube

Post by Roy1 »

I have read with great interest the comments that have been voiced on this thread and they all are correct. I find that the average viewer of YouTube has only got a concentration time of at the most 5 mins. In my own experience I find that if I split up my video efforts into three or four minute segments each segment is viewed by thousands. If I put the segments together to make a ten minute video, this is viewed only in the hundreds. Also I find the videos I consider not to be my best are the ones most viewed. Strange but true. I really can't understand YouTube. It's supposed to be your own work, but the site is overwhemingly full of recorded TV shows. Also you won't get many constructive comments about your video.
The best comment I got was from a pro in Spain who congratulated me on "making Holiday Videos look and sound interesting". Most comments are what the viewer thinks of the location, not the content of the video. One of my videos showed a particular interesting church and all the comment was that his brother saw an Angel hovering over the church. I comfort myself with the fact that at least people see my work in large numbers. A fact denied me when I belonged to a Video Club.
col lamb

Re: As posted

Post by col lamb »

In addition to posting on youtube you may want to look at posting on the vimeo web site.

This is the best one I have found that have works more in keeping with our activity. You may not get the hundreds as you do on youtube but with the correct application of tags and subscriptions (free) to the many different groups then a more knowledgable audience should result. There are also some stunning videos on the site plus a lot of "how to" vids.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Roy1

Re: As posted

Post by Roy1 »

[quote="col lamb"]In addition to posting on youtube you may want to look at posting on the vimeo web site.

Actually I subscribed to Vimeo in it's early days and found the quality of it's images was excellent, much better than YouTube. Unfortunately nobody could find my videos on Vimeo and so viewers were very few. Perhaps I was doing something wrong and I gave up on it. Since then YouTube has improved it's quality immensely especially the HD presentation. With regard to YouTube. There are a lot of IAC members who have videos on youtube but if you don't know the name they use you can't find them. It's a pity The IAC website can't publish a register of member's user names so that other members can view the video's quite quickly.