AMPS 2010

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
ned c

AMPS 2010

Post by ned c »

Pleased to let you know that AMPS has now registered with PayPal to make it easier to enter, particularly for our overseas entrants. For those readers in the USA and Canada entry into NAMMA (North American Movie Maker Awards) automatically includes entry into the AMPS AIFVF.

All on the website www.ampsvideo.com

Look forward to receiving your entries

ned c
Stephen

Re: AMPS 2010

Post by Stephen »

excellent painless process!

renewed !!

well done AMPS
Stephen

Film making is not a matter of Life and Death
It's much more important than that.
Dave Watterson

AMPS 2010 - RESULTS

Post by Dave Watterson »

The AMPS Festival - strictly speaking the American International Film & Video Festival - results for 2010 are just announced. For details see http://www.ampsvideo.com/amps-festivals ... inners.htm

Congratulations to James Webber whose film Dancing swept the board with best film, best story, best photography, best editing.
And to Michael Gough whose After the Bus had Gone took second prize and best documentary. Michael also had a film in the Commendations.

Many other UK film makers and forum writers received awards too. Well done everyone.
- Dave
Pqtrick

Post by Pqtrick »

Thanks Dave, for the link to the AMPS web site. It makes for interesting reading. Especially on these horrible dark days before Christmas, even here! At least it is a foreign site that can be easily understood! Pq.
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

Well done to the winners at AMPS, always a good competition. Interesting that Michael Gough's film on Dylan Thomas got its just reward, I saw it recently and was amazed that it didn't get a major award at BIAFF, the vagaries of judging have been the subject of many a post. It's just that people see things differently, opinions are not universal and many people can't get their heads around that fact.
Michael Gough

Post by Michael Gough »

Thanks to Michael Slowe for his very kind comments about my film "After The Bus Had Gone". He is slightly confused. It hasn't been in BIAFF yet because I was the final judge last year. I suspect he means it didn't win in Guernsey. Although I was pleased with its "Very Highly Commended" certificate. However it will be in BIAFF this year so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Unfortunately Michael will not be one of the judges !!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my creative friends.

Michael