New Boy

A warm welcome to all. Here we talk about films, which people put onto YouTube or Vimeo and embed here. The idea is to allow useful, friendly discussion.
Peter Morrish

New Boy

Post by Peter Morrish »

Thank you for welcome. I am 85( on the 30th !) was a 16mm fanatic with films starting in 1946 in Singapore up to about 1965. I also possess 16mm films from the 1920s. Was thrilled to see the story in the DT about your plans. Enough for the present.
Dave Watterson

Re: New Boy

Post by Dave Watterson »

Hello Peter

Welcome. I am a bit confused ... OK that is a general state of mind for me (!) ... what did you read in the DT (?Daily Telegraph). Was it the protest against police questioning photographers?

We are pleased to have you aboard. Movie making is a hobby which seems to encourage longevity. I suspect that is because it engages the mind and you can tailor projects to suit your level of physical ability. We have a number of contributors to these forums who are around your age as well as many younger ones. There are times when the age groups disagree about something, but far more times when we are in harmony.

Do feel free to comment and ask questions.

- Dave
Peter Morrish

Post by Peter Morrish »

The article in the DT was headed 'Website to revive old home movies' by a Mr Martin Evans - Peter Morrish
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

So what is your special interest in movies, Peter?

Some of our members have been giving old movies a new lease of life. They transfer them (or have them transferred) into digital form and prepare new soundtracks for them. Our Vice-Chairman, Ron Prosser, had great success a year or so back with just such a project. His film "Tiddlers" with a new soundtrack went on to win more awards than on its first release.

Others use clips from old home movies to weave into historical or documentary projects. Quite a lot of that was done around the millennium when many towns and villages assembled documentaries about their past.

- Dave