SH SONY FX1 - What`s it Worth?

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

[quote="Mike Shaw"]'Perfect Day' is fantastic - how on earth did you manage to persuade everyone - on a wedding day????[/quote]

How did I manage to persuade 150 pretty drunk strangers to form an orderly queue, sing in sync and pay attention? With G R E A T difficulty, I can tell you. It took a lot of organising, shouting above the ghetto blaster, repeating and re-shooting because of the laughter, jibes, yells and general disruption.

And that was just the shoot. The edit took nearly a complete day and I had to vary the speed of the pictures to match the words at times. All the talent kept looking to their right where hoards of guests were pushing and shoving to get a look in.

The couple love it though, and that's the main thing. It takes a huge chunk out of the wedding day though - time when I should really be filming what's going on - but it's great entertainment for them all. Who needs a magician when you have tom performing?

You say very kind words about my films - thank you Mike. I'm due a visit to see you guys in Feb - I'll bring down some more snippets to show varying focal lengths, frame rates, apertures, points of view and tracks I have known. I could bring some gushing letters from brides as well, exclaiming at my wonderfulness, but I'm too shy.

tom.
daveswan

Post by daveswan »

RE: Playing off laptops.
My L/T is an old Dual Core Dell 9400. Originally the HD was 5400 RPM, and that played up to 30Mbps MPEG2 HD without much trouble off the drive, and will even play QT wrapped DVCPro50. Since then I've upgraded the drive to a 7200 device. The display is native 1920x1200
I rather think most any modern L/T has more computing power, so playing full raster HD should be relatively simple.
I'm still investigating options for streeming HD footage, and may have to look at web hosting, since even a short movie at Bluray data rates is going to be in the Gigabyte range
Dave