video editing

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
tony pursey

video editing

Post by tony pursey »

has anyone any experience with the latest pinnacle 12 editor?, earlier versions have had their faults & I have no intention of buying another unless it has lost it`s "hang-ups"
TONY PURSEY
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Hi Tony,
Sorry I haven't used any of the Pinnacle editors.
Do people change their edit program often? If it works, it works. Only if you really need one of the features of a new version or a rival product is it worth considering.
If you don't like Pinnacle's track record why keep looking at their products?
Dave
tony pursey

Post by tony pursey »

thanks for reply ,Dave, I consider that the beauty of choice is something we all enjoy, & there are certain items we like in the systems & others we don`t, so it sometimes happen we like a change , if only to find out that it ain`t right for us this time , -pinnacle has some superb built -in programmes ,but series 10 was "a no-no" & I`m hoping someone out there has tried 12. This is where I consider the Forum is so useful, dealers & manufacturerers have their own axe to grind ,but our IAC friends can tell it as it is.!!! Tony.
TONY PURSEY
ned c

Post by ned c »

You may like to have a look at Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum v 8. I have v6 on a PC and have used it for editing DV successfully, it will also edit HDV with a powerful enough PC. It is stable, well supported and there is an upgrade path to the full Vegas.

Here in the US it costs around USD120. It also integrates with other Sony software, including DVD Architect Studio and Sound Forge Studio.

Info; free test download at www.sonycreativesoftware.com - I must admit my experience is limited but I have heard good reports. (I use an Intel Mac and if you have a Mac and want an outstanding program at a reasoable price have a look at Final Cut Express)

ned c