Perseverance works?

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
fraught

Perseverance works?

Post by fraught »

Some of you may remember... way back in 2013, a 94 minute feature film I made was screened at BIAFF called 'Addict'. It was a passion project that took me well over a year to shoot. It got 4 stars.
I read the feedback I received, as well as feedback from my peers and decided to recut the film, shoot more stuff changing the film dramatically. I resubmitted the film to BIAFF and in 2014 it won 5 Stars.
I thought the journey ended there. Oh no.
Back in early 2020 during the Pandemic, I decided to recut the film again from scratch (I'm a glutton for punishment!), cutting some scenes, adding others, remixing the sound from scratch, grading the film in colour this time (as Addict is a B&W film), new visual fx, and other things... a complete overhaul! I've even given it a new name to reflect the very different version of the beast. It's now called 'Hosticide'.
As people found out about me doing this, for the first time, I started getting interest from distribution companies looking for new material to release. Maybe it was the pandemic causing production to stop across the world, maybe it was something else. But I was suddenly in a little spotlight.
Anyway... after many many years of trying to get my work released on Physical Media, on the 24th May, that dream will become a reality.

Hosticide will be available on Blu-Ray from Darkside Releasing. Honestly never thought this would ever happen. But... so glad it has.

https://darksidereleasing.com/store/dar ... ousel-5643
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
Howard-Smith

Re: Perseverance works?

Post by Howard-Smith »

Well done Geoff. It’s a hugely powerful film with a bravura, terrifying performance from the leading actor Paul Anthony Kelly.
I hope Hosticide sells well. It deserves to.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Here, here!

Your terror films are not an easy watch - and not for the squeamish ... but lots of people like them.

Good luck!
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Well, whaddya know? Great stuff Geoff! Tht's a helluva long journey - but that's passion for you. Congratulations.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
fraught

Post by fraught »

Thanks all. Still kinda surreal to be honest... It'll probably hit home more when I'm holding an actual copy of the film in my hands! :-)
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net