judge's comments

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
ned c

judge's comments

Post by ned c »

I have no entries in BIAFF this year and have read the extensive posts on the two main threads. The comments on my two entries last year were fair and surprisingly one film garnered 4 stars; more than I expected. The BIAFF judges are very gentle in my experience; some years ago I entered a film "South by South West" in the Canadian amateur festival. The judges ripped me apart from every direction; the final comment being "a film of missed opportunities". I had a couple of those from Canadian entries and actually appreciated them! People seem to be oversensitive these days and take judges comments far too seriously. I like the Zoom meetings where films are shown and discussed; all very polite and British so far and I look forward to someone (perhaps me?) having to defend after cries of "Rubbish".

Sadly; health and age have combined to make travel impossible so will miss BIAFF; best wishes to all for a great show.

ned c
Dave Watterson

Re: judge's comments

Post by Dave Watterson »

You can, of course, watch on line ... just be sure to register with Eventbright - see details on www.biaff.org.uk