BIAFF 2018 RESULTS

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Michael Slowe

Re: BIAFF 2018 RESULTS

Post by Michael Slowe »

I think that we will have to get serious about our 'bar meeting'. I think that the best time would be the hour before the reception prior to the Saturday night dinner. I'm not sure of the timing but presumably there would be time. We might have to cut short that soak in the bath. I'll post again nearer the time, we have a month yet.
Brian Saberton

Post by Brian Saberton »

Sounds good to me Michael
Brian Saberton
Howard-Smith

Post by Howard-Smith »

A fine plan Michael! I'll be there to join you.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

The full BIAFF / IAC Competition results are online at http://www.biaff.org.uk as of a few minutes ago.

By the end of the weekend, the webmistress hopes to have the timetable of screenings online as well.

And no, neither of us knows which films won Best of British or Daily Mail Trophy.

Thanks to Bob Lorrimer for the striking photograph of a Diamond Award.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Thanks to Jan and both Daves for compiling this.

If I've counted correctly.

8 Diamonds
16 *****
74 ****
86 ***
58 **
2 *

Number of five stars up again, ditto fours.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Willy

Post by Willy »

Congratulations to all star winners! I remember I watched "Tim and Tom" by Lutz Gottchalk (Germany) at Unica. I enjoyed it very much.
Willy Van der Linden
Willy

Post by Willy »

Dear Michael. Hopefully there is no "bad or strong language" in your movie called "King Willy", Michael. I admire your energy and enthusiasm. Best wishes from ... Willie.
Willy Van der Linden
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

PLAN YOUR DAYS AT BIAFF

The timetable for the BIAFF film presentations is now online at http://www.biaff.org.uk - look under the "2018 festival" menu.

The mini-cinemas used on Saturday are on two different floors of the hotel, so allow time to get from one to the other during the refreshment breaks.

As usual David Newman has planned a fascinating mix of movies in each session.
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

No Willy, no bad language (other than maybe 'film language'). Have a look at it on michaelslowefilms.com , the site containing most of my 50 years of film making. We shall miss you at BIAFF, next time you are in the UK send me an E Mail and we'll try and get together. I wish you well.
fraught

Post by fraught »

I'm afraid there is some rather coarse language in one scene of my film 'Smile' playing on the Sunday. It's done for a reason, and to shock, so hopefully people will take it for the reason it is intended. :D
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
Willy

Post by Willy »

Hello Michael, I will attend SERIAC on 12th May in Tonbridge. It would be great to meet you again.

I know Tonbridge very well. Actually it is not so far from us. I will also meet some friends there like Ron and Joy Prosser, David Fenn and other Haywards Heath Movie Makers who helped me with sound recording and lighting for some of my movies. I will also see Mary and Peter Rouillard. Maybe you remember that I made the film "Guernsey, I Love You!" together with the Rouillards about 5-6 years ago. I will also be in England from 13th to 21st July. I have rented a holiday cottage at Tenterden (Kent) and Vera and I would like to attend the Open Air Concert at Leeds Castle for the 8th time! Be sure that I will miss BIAFF at Harrogate. The Cairn Hotel is ideal for the BIAFF. I hesitated to come. I feel much better than some years ago, when some IAC-friends didn't recognise me because I had a moonface caused by cortisone, but beautiful Harrogate is really too far to drive and too difficult to come by air or train. Just let me know when you would like to have a drink at "Ten White Lion" at Tenterden, "the "Star and Eagle" at Goudhurst, the pub next to the Tonbridge Oast Theatre or anywhere else when I am in England.

On Friday I will watch your film in our club. I will tell my clubmates. Some of them will bring their laptops and we can see your movie on a wide screen.I am sure BIAFF will be a success again, also because I know some experienced organisers.
Willy Van der Linden
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Thank you for selection, the 4 stars rating, and all the good comments. "The Loop" will be shown at the festival. I hope everybody enjoy it.
Greetings
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

"The Loop" is in the Mountbatten Room between 11:15 and 12:30.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Willy wrote:Hello Michael, I will attend SERIAC on 12th May in Tonbridge. It would be great to meet you again.
Hi Willy. I shall also be at Tonbridge and look forward to seeing you there again.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

Willy, I won't be in Tunbridge I'm afraid, if you ever come nearer London please let me know and I'll try and meet up.

Forum readers, do we all agree that we can meet at the hotel bar in the hour prior to the Saturday evening dinner or, would you think that lunch time might be more convenient? Dave wondered whether there was sufficient time in the evening. Can we decide?