SERIAC Festival 2016

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
TimStannard

SERIAC Festival 2016

Post by TimStannard »

What is the point of attending these festivals if you don't circulate? To Mike and Willy, many apologies that I didn't get to chat to either of you (other than a brief nodded "hello" in the pub beforehand to Mike). Willy, I though I spotted you across a crowded room, but thought I must have been mistaken not realising you were in the country, until Rita mentioned your trip at the end.
My only excuse was that there were so many people milling around in the intervals it rather hampered circulation.
I hope you didn't think I was being rude!

Anyway I did think the standard of some of the films was absolutely superb. Well done to all entrants and thanks to the team who put it all together.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Dave Watterson

Re: SERIAC Festival 2016

Post by Dave Watterson »

Tim was too busy picking up trophies for Greece is the Word to talk!
Willy

Post by Willy »

Yes, Tim. It's a pity that I didn't see you. Maybe you didn't recognize me, because in Weymouth three years ago I still had my cortisoned moonface. Now I look twenty years younger. (Do not believe me. I have a wrinkled face now!). I had to leave after tea time, but I already had had the opportunity to see many good films. Also your funny Greece film was one of them. Again it was very entertaining. It felt good to see all those pretty young faces again. I understand that it received 5 stars at BIAFF and also some awards at SERIAC.

Full house
The film festival at the Tonbridge Oast Theatre was well organized. I have heard that there were about 90 people in the auditorium. So, let's say a full house. For me it was pleasant to enjoy the atmosphere of the theatre again. 8 years ago I presented a filmshow for SERIAC in that original venue.

Bluebells
Now I was in Tonbridge not only to attend the festival but also to do some filming for my dramatized documentary "Hopping Around the Weald". There were clouds in the Wealden sky, but there was also plenty of sunshine. I took the opportunity to film a carpet of bluebells in Rolvenden. My wife Vera took a picture of me when I was lying in the flowers to film with my macro-lens.

Goodies
There is only one thing that I regret about SERIAC. As I had to leave earlier I missed all the "goodies" made by the SERIAC-ladies, but maybe for them it was good that I had already left! See you next year, SERIAC! But I will also attend BIAFF again next year.
Willy Van der Linden
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Yes, Willy it was a well organised SERIAC festival. I was there not just as an entrant but also taking notes as I have been volunteered to assist with organising this year's NTRIAC festival (I live in the SERIAC region, but my club is in North Thames Region so I wear two hats).
You did miss some excellent goodies from Joy and her team, but that was OK as I had your share :)
And you (and Dave) are correct - Greece is the Word did pick up Best film in a non-specific category" and "Best editing". I think I need to retire from film making now as it's all downhill from here.
I'm glad you got some good shots of the bluebells. The weather is very, very changeable at the moment. The UK has had temperatures below freezing this last weekend and we're predicted temperatures of 20degrees plus this week. No doubt it's similar in Belgium.
See you next year (or maybe before?)
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it