BIAFF 2016 - who's entering?

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Michael Slowe

Re: BIAFF 2016 - who's entering?

Post by Michael Slowe »

Jan, don't you know that it's always our (men) fault! Those of us who have been married for many years take this as an accepted fact.
A.K. Williams

Post by A.K. Williams »

Just a quick one for Dave & JanW.
No need to feel badly over me by the way, there is nothing irreplaceable involved here, in fact have just re-copied the discs in question and will package and post on Monday, yes there is that inevitable bit of 'hassle' thing, but it is minor and I am long-since fully recovered, as David Newman says 'it's just one of those things' which do happen from time to time, there are far worse things going on out there, just hope it's been caught in time.

Tony Williams.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Tony, if we get together at BIAFF or at UNICA ... Jan owes you a drink!
Ian Woodward

Post by Ian Woodward »

“I have an entry ... it is already 'entered' ... Is it too long? Is it too short? Have I entered too early? Will it be watched before the Judge's have lunch or after their lunch? Will they understand the shot in which my thumb is in the frame.......?” (IAC Forum: BIAFF 2016 - who's entering? Bob Lorrimer: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:56 am.)

Just seen your new film, “Blue”. Great concept and storyline and breathtaking photography. A brilliant denouement and, above all (important to me personally), fantastic atmosphere music that empowers the pulse of the film from beginning to end. Your best production yet, Bob. Is this the film you’ve entered for BIAFF? If so, another diamond for your sparkly collection is on its way! – Ian Woodward
A.K. Williams

Post by A.K. Williams »

Does Jan know about this drink Dave?
TW.
John Roberts

Post by John Roberts »

Finally...

Two from me this year, one is a mini documentary that some of my fellow filmmakers from the region might already have seen.

The other is a music video. Sorry.

:lol:
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

No apology required, John. The problem is for the judges, who often find music videos difficult to assess.

Sometime I will have to try to wangle a place on a jury for one of the vdeoclip festivals around in Germany or the Czech Republic and find out how they tackle the issue.
Trev52A

Post by Trev52A »

I've submitted two short films - first time I've entered in ages. One is a joint entry with a fellow Tynemouth Video Group member, which has a (possible) surprise ending. The other is a one minute film with a (definite) surprise ending!
Let's hope I get a nice surprise from the judges!

Trevor
Trev
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Trev52A wrote:The other is a one minute film with a (definite) surprise ending!
Let me guess - it only lasts 59 secs? :lol:
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Ken Wilson

Post by Ken Wilson »

No films from Phase 4 again this year, only the third blank year since joining the IAC in 1994. We have two new scripts ready to go but it`s become a nightmare getting a team of actors together. Even with stories for just 3 actors at a time, we seem unable to find dates which suit everyone. But we hope to be there at Harrogate for part of the weekend to see what others have produced.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

I wish more people took that view, Ken. Many will only turn up if one if their films is to be shown.

I am very happy to see the film makers ("authors" in Eurospeak) attend and to have a chance to chat to them. But there is plenty of value to be had in seeing the range of work around at present.

Jan and I have planned to be at Harrogate and look forward to catching up with you and Carol as well as many other friends on this forum.
Ken Wilson

Post by Ken Wilson »

Hi Dave and Jan. Nothing is booked yet but as Harrogate is only a 50 minute drive from here we think we will do day visits this time. Probably Saturday and Sunday if possible.
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

So Ken, we won't see you and Carol at the dinner on Saturday? That's a pity, nattering time otherwise is always difficult to find. I find that seeing other people's films is always more interesting than watching our own, we've seen them!
Ken Wilson

Post by Ken Wilson »

Hi Michael. We do like to stay over and get the best from the weekend and we do have to do that when it`s a long way from here. But we are going on our first cruise just before BIAFF so it would seem a bit excessive and an extra cost to go away for the weekend just afterwards. We have the dogs to board if we do that and Carol is not too thrilled with the Cairn as it seems very tired and to be honest a bit shabby. But I`m sure we will see you around over the weekend.
Brian Saberton

Post by Brian Saberton »

I always try and attend BIAFF even if I don't have an entry myself because I like to see other peoples films and meet up with fellow film makers for a chat and to compare notes.
Brian Saberton