UNICA 2012 - success for Britain ...

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Dave Watterson

UNICA 2012 - success for Britain ...

Post by Dave Watterson »

Breaking news ...
The UNICA Festival is just coming to a close. At this event each national federation for non-commercial film makers presents a programme of films. The festival lasts a week and a distinguished international jury considers all the entries and has just made its decisions. UNICA juries can be very tough and this year - perhaps in response to the international financial crisis - they were VERY sparing in their awards.

Some nations had no awards all, but the British Programme was well-received.

Two films received Diplomas of Honour:
  • TRAPPED by Gemma Clarke and
    JUMP! by The Partners.
A Bronze Medal was awarded to:
  • SPARKS BECOME FLAMES by Rochdale Movie Makers
A Silver Medal was awarded to:
  • PIGEON POST by Stewart Mackay.
Our other entries were THE LETTER by Channel 7 Productions, ASSUMPTION by Alfie Barker.They did not get specific awards but contributed to the fact that our programme was one of three shortlisted for Most Interesting Programme. That award went to Croatia who had a truly exceptional collection of films.

Congratulations to all our film makers. We were proud to show your work to the world.

More news on the main website when the British delegation return.
TimStannard

Re: UNICA 2012 - success for Britain ...

Post by TimStannard »

That's excellent news. What a great line-up of films too (though I've not seen "Sparks" yet).

I've loved "Jump" since I first saw it fail to win the Inter-Club Comp at Staines. In fact it didn't get a top three place (out of 11 films). On this occasion we had independent professional judges. Hmmmm ...
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it