Getting our Films Seen.

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Michael Slowe

Getting our Films Seen.

Post by Michael Slowe »

I have just been told that in last week's published viewing data my film 'It's an Alpaca!' achieved the joint highest rating for the week when it was shown on the Sky channel 280. Mind you, not quite 'Strictly Come Dancing', as the viewing figure was 13,000, but better than the local club in the church hall.
tom hardwick

Re: Getting our Films Seen.

Post by tom hardwick »

Excellent Michael. Well done, and we're proud of you.
Brian Saberton

Post by Brian Saberton »

That's wonderful Michael, many congratulations. It's great that opportunities exist to get such large audiences for our films
Brian Saberton
Peter Copestake

Post by Peter Copestake »

I am an admirer of your work, Michael, so this is in no way sarcasm or any other derogatory 'ism but do you happen to know, or does anyone else, how many viewers watched to the end?
Peter Copestake
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

Ah Peter, yes that is the real question but I don't know if they can ascertain that. In fact I'm damned if I know how they count the audience. Perhaps with cable they might know but satellite or air, how do they do that? I would like to think that they got so hooked on the subject that they stuck it out but you are quite right to wonder!
Ian Woodward

Post by Ian Woodward »

As a matter of interest, Peter, what prompted your question about how many people watched Michael's film to the end?

Do people, perhaps, tend not to watch your own films to the end?

It was good to read your gracious reply, Michael.

Ian Woodward
Peter Copestake

Post by Peter Copestake »

What prompted my question?
Just that I read and hear of people who SEEM to be bragging at the number of hits their films have got and I know that when I look at some films on the net, which I do rarely, that at least some of them I do not consider watching for very long.
I realise that the net gives people a huge audience and I'm happy with that. Mine are seen by scores or a couple of hundred but I make them as a record of people's lives or work which, with luck, will outlive them.
Peter.
Peter Copestake