What would make you enter an annual film competition?

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Laurie Calvert

What would make you enter an annual film competition?

Post by Laurie Calvert »

In particular what would make you enter the North Thames annual competition?

We want your views because we need some ideas to help stop the numbers dropping away.

So put on your thinking caps please everyone and see if you can come up with anything. I'm finding it hard work to find something that doesn't cost much. But even suggest things that do cost, as this may lead someone on to another thought...

Thanks,
Laurie
Alternative4u

Re: What would make you enter an annual film competition?

Post by Alternative4u »

I use to enter lots of these film comps in my younger filming days, then it got very costly, so like 1000's more I stopped doing it, I have not entered a film contest for over 20 years.
David
Suffolk UK
Laurie Calvert

Post by Laurie Calvert »

Thanks David. That is a good point. As soon as I enter a few films the cost is quite a bit. Four films say, plus postage. Then getting to the venue, buying tickets too, it all adds up.
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

Laurie, you ask a good question.

I always used to enter my latest film into the NT but lately the date became a problem. I generally complete a project towards the end of a year (if I'm lucky!) and so miss the date for the NT and by the next year the film would have had quite wide circulation around other festivals so it would be silly to enter that one. So now I only enter if I have a new production that has not been seen elsewhere. It seems to be taking longer and longer to complete projects as they get more complicated and ambitious but I will try and correct this!
Laurie Calvert

Post by Laurie Calvert »

Thanks Michael

It would be excellent to have some of your work on show again, so if you can make it one day that would be great.