Film Trailer

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Fingercuff

Film Trailer

Post by Fingercuff »

Hey all,

Hope you all had a good Christmas! Just thought I would share the trailer to my new short film 'Dancer.' Have been working on this for ages and it has become a huge, huge project (much more work than my last film 'Commitment' which some of you may have seen at BIAFF last year). Its great to finally be able to share some of it!

We shot on a Sony Z1 with a 35mm adaptor and a cheap tracking system by Hague. Its been lots of fun to make with a talented cast and crew who were willing to give up a few weekends to make this happen. Music was provided by a local band called Narration. The film itself is still in post production but should be completed soon. I'd be really interested in any thoughts you had on it!

http://www.vimeo.com/8572383

Cheers,

Jim
Stephen

Re: Film Trailer

Post by Stephen »

Nice...... nay........very nice work there Jim

some beautiful use of DoF and crystal clear shots

cannot wait for the finished product...

know the feeling well when a film takes over your life... here's my attempt at a trailer... the film soon

http://www.vimeo.com/6798439
Stephen

Film making is not a matter of Life and Death
It's much more important than that.
Fingercuff

Post by Fingercuff »

Cheers Stephen! Wanted mine ready for BIAFF this year but I don't think its going to happen! 2011 it is!

Loved your trailer, looking forward to seeing it!
fraught

Post by fraught »

Nice work Jim. Can't wait to see the finished article!
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
Fingercuff

Post by Fingercuff »

The finished film will be playing at this years Guernsey Lily in October. This will be the first time I have watched the film with an audience that does not consist of friends and family so I can't wait to see how it is received!

Jim
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

James - modesty becomes you!

His film "Dancer" is playing at Guernsey because it has won the top prize!!!

It not only won the top Guernsey Lily but also the Best Fiction prize!

Dave
fraught

Post by fraught »

Congrats! Well done! :)
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
Fingercuff

Post by Fingercuff »

Thank you all! I'm dead chuffed with the result especially as I was in Venice, on my honeymoon when I heard the news! Me and my new wife, who also put alot of work into this film, celebrated with a glass of limoncello next to San Marco Square.

Everyone put so much hard work (For me - about 9 months from start to finish) into this film its great to see it pay off.

Cheers,

Jim
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Let's not overlook the success of Jim's partner-in-crime at Fingercuff Productions. Jim Hooper's Visions takes the Best Sound award at Guernsey.

In fact the Guernsey Fetsival should be even better than usual this year - and that's saying a lot.

Dave
Mike Shaw

Post by Mike Shaw »

... and this year, I can't get there :(

That's the trouble with running the IAC AGM just a week later. Which of course, you've all booked for, haven't you (plug plug!)
Fingercuff

Post by Fingercuff »

It was a good result for Vision as well. I actually produced it for Jamie so it was a double whammy of good news to hear it had been well received.

Vision is an atmospheric horror film. Here is the trailer (it is quite intense though!):

youtu.be/

Cheers,
Jim
Fingercuff

Post by Fingercuff »

Hey everyone,

The follow up to Dancer, my new short Driftwood now has a trailer online:

This is my first large scale funded short and both myself and the team have been working incredibly hard over the last few months to get it finished. Great to finally be able to share some of our footage. Although not eligible for BIAFF or other affiliated festivals I thought that some of you may like a peep!

Cheers,

Jim
Mike Shaw

Post by Mike Shaw »

Very impressive! Really great well-framed camera work, realistic acting. My only problem was I couldn't hear/understand the dialogue very well (maybe a dialect problem on my part) - but the visuals told the story. Excellent stuff.
Fingercuff

Post by Fingercuff »

Thanks for watching Mike - You're not the only person to say that about the sound! Tim Stannard thought the same thing! I continue to stand by it but understand that the fathers dialogue is difficult to pick out with the music over the top. Glad you enjoyed it!