Wanted: final chapter editors for film course

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
hjfitie

Wanted: final chapter editors for film course

Post by hjfitie »

I have a question. Maybe you can help me out. But first let me introduce myself.

My name is Harry Fitié and I am chairman of the foundation ABCinema. ABCinema is a non-profit organization and has been founded on 29-12-2008 in the Netherlands.

1. The foundation aims

* a. to promote the knowledge and technique on how to make films.
* b. to perform any further acts that are related to this promotion or will be helpful.

2. The foundation tries to achieve its aim by distributing an interactive, digital film course in which knowledge is transferred through:

* a. the best examples (film quotes);
* b. the best errors (film quotes);
* c. training opportunities with a virtual camera in an animated 3D world.

Distribution of the course started March 2009. The response is above expectations. The course has received nice reviews both from amateur magazines as well as from professional organizations. Moreover, the course is used as teaching material at regular meetings of several film making club.

To get a good idea of the course visit the English version of the website (first preliminary concept) at
http://www.abcinema.nl/en/1/Inhoudsopgave/Welkom.html.

We want to translate the course to other languages as well. At this moment we aim at English and German.

The course contains 12 numbered chapters and 3 unnumbered ones (like film tips). On average, a chapter contains 7000 words.
At this moment 8 chapters have already been translated.
The translation to English is volunteered by Dutchmen who understand and speak English rather well. However it is not their native language. To make the translated version of the course as professional as the original one we like to meet people

* whose mother tongue is English
* who know the usual film lexicon;
* who have good language skills;
* who want to do the final editing of 1 or more chapters and/or parts of the website.

It is estimated that final editing of an already translated chapter takes about 4 to 8 hours. As a small reward every contributor receives a free copy of the course.

If you are interested or know someone who is, contact me at harry@abcinema.nl

Harry