IAC International Judging ...

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Mike Shaw

Re: IAC International Judging ...

Post by Mike Shaw »

No. You can enter it (I've seen many am films with pro actors - including Brenda Blethyn). As long as you're not intending to sell the film ... :)
john ingham

Post by john ingham »

well thats good news ...

the other thing that did question my mind was..... a customer of mine has asked me ,if i would make a video (installation video) of one of his products for his website...
he also did mention he would pay me for the couple of days work this would take....and of course being self employed, though in flooring..i would have to declare the money ..

but would that then make me a professional ? of course , i would say it wouldn't ..but ! it could be said once you are paid for filming..bla bla bla ect ect..you know what i am saying even though the film wouldn't be entered in to any comps
Keep trying, for one day you will get it right
Mike Shaw

Post by Mike Shaw »

I'd say at least half of the people interested in amateur film making have made a wedding video for someone - and were paid for it. That doesn't make them pros. Go for it.
john ingham

Post by john ingham »

cheers mike..i just wanted to dot the I's and cross the T's as they say
Keep trying, for one day you will get it right