AMPS DVDs

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
ned c

AMPS DVDs

Post by ned c »

In answer to questions from our European members the winning AMPS DVDs will be mailed out next week; one set to the UK and the second set to Continental Europe. Apologies for taking up forum space with this but I have tried replying to e-mail requests and two have bounced.

Thanks

ned c
Dave Watterson

Re: AMPS DVDs

Post by Dave Watterson »

No apologies needed, Ned.

In fact we welcome messages from sister organisations around the world. Leif from NordFilm net is a regular visitor and occasional poster.

I know from private emails that we have been read by enthusiasts in Australia , Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany, India, Italy, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Slovakia, Switzerland and the USA. There are probably readers from other countries too.

Hurrah!

Film has always been a good way to communicate around the world - yes, even after the arrival of sound and the problems of languages. In the internet age it is even more so. We can share movies on YouTube / Vimeo and the like.

The discs Ned is talking about are a collection of the winners in last year's AMPS Competition. Having a chance to see them is one of the perks of AMPS membership - a snip at $8 or £6 a year - see http://www.ampsvideo.com

Dave
ned c

Post by ned c »

A quick update for AMPS members who will be receiving the 2008 winning DVDs. They have been sent out, but please note that there are 6 programs on each of the two discs, it appears at first menu there are only 3. Go to the small triangle on the left and click for the second menu. Please pass on to members who don't subscribe to this forum. (recommend that they do).

ned c
Willy

Post by Willy »

ned c wrote:A quick update for AMPS members who will be receiving the 2008 winning DVDs.
ned c
Hi Ned,
This morning I received your two AMPS-DVD's. Mind : my new address is Hoogstraat 105/1, 2580 Beerzel (Putte) ! It arrived at my previous address. Filippo Lubiato from Switzerland sent them to me. One of these days I will mail them to Oskar Siebert in Regensburg (Deutschland). Many thanks, Ned. I appreciate the intitiave very much.
Best wishes.
Willy
Willy Van der Linden
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Hi all AMPS peeps !

thanks Ned .... watched, digested and passed DVD's onto Gerald Mee ...

great stuff !!! some excellent viewing!

Ned- are subscriptions due for 2009/10?
Stephen

Film making is not a matter of Life and Death
It's much more important than that.