HDV Hand held

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Roy

As posted

Post by Roy »

Hi Ned. Having reached the age of 81 I have had the same trouble with unsteady hand held shots, especially with light weight cameras. I have found the answer for me. I am using Steady Hand. This programme removes camera shake after the shooting has finished. I use it during editing. The only time I use Hand held shots is when Tripods are not permitted. Recently I made a video of the Alhambra Palace at Granada Spain and as no tripods were allowed I had to use Steady Hand for the complete Video. Probally you already know of this programme as it is American Based. If not I would be happy to give you details. Roy
ned c

Post by ned c »

Hi Roy, thanks for the suggestion, however, I use FCP on a Mac and Steady Hand is for Windows OS. BUT, your suggestion sent me to the FCP manual and there is an image stabilising filter available within the program so will give it a try and report back. Just goes to show the old adage is true "when all else fails read the manual"!!

Thanks

Ned C