AMPS winners DVDs

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
ned c

AMPS winners DVDs

Post by ned c »

We are arranging for a set of the AMPS winners DVDs (4 DVDs in total) to be circulated to the AMPS members in Europe.

One of the problems many of us face is seeing the work of other movie makers and so getting a handle on what is happeningin the n-c movie making world. So, if you are an AMPS member you can look forward to enjoying several hours of movie pleasure.

ned c
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

That's great, Ned.

For those who don't know ... one of the perks of winning an award in the AMPS festival is a year's membership so some people this side of the pond earned that status ... and some of us have also opted to join even though we are not winners and live far from the USA.

AMPS membership costs 15 US dollars for those of us outside North America - with today's exchange rate that's a good deal and less than the cost of hiring one tape or DVD of festival winners from the IAC video library !

So if you want to see these DVDs you know what to do !

Dave
ned c

Post by ned c »

A quick adjustment, we gave free membership to winners for one festival only and haven't done it since. Perhaps an added bonus this year, I will check with the president.

Ned C
stingman

Post by stingman »

I can vouch for this. I`m not a member yet, but the last two years I have received the DVD`s. They are good quality.
The films are also good to see as most of them are from America and not from this side of the pond. It makes you feel part of a bigger organisation and keeps you informed of different styles of filmming and editing. The range and type of films are encouraging as they are on different subjects. I think that i`ve only found a few films that I have totaly got bored. One was like a charity film Documentary about a family living in Mexico or somewhere. One of my favorites was about a firework event!

So get your money in. It`s great value for money.

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker