WHAT IS ENTERTAINING? WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE?

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
stingman

Post by stingman »

I love the directors commentry as well. On some of the Star Trek commentrys, there are a few of them in the studio and sometimes they really have a good old laugth!!!!!

The worse ones were either the Mission Impossible or Matrix (I cannot remember which) directors commentry is the actual Directors voice. His name is something Woo and he`s Chinees! You know the situation, An Asian trying to do the best he can and speek a forein language but with his accent! Ride Frice (Fried Rice!) spring to mind. I was looking forward to hear these commentrys. But when he started, I got a Headacke!
I`m glad he wasn`t scottish! (Joke!)! :lol: :lol:

Be good...............
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
FILM THURSO

Post by FILM THURSO »

I saw Ned's film and it really hits the nail. I see so many extras where the cast and crew suck up big time to the top name. Check out the film, "Dragon", a budget feature straight to DVD. The extra features interviews are much more genuine- refreshing!
I was in a chinese take-away this evening and I struggled to understand the girl in a wee political chat we had, it was fun and I think she probly had similar difficulty with my local accent. Maybe I should pop commentries on my film:

Well, we hed is owld camra so we pit sum tape in hid, went oot til Dinnad, hed a mighty fill then shot some film! 'T wis a right laugh until sum loon telt us e' bobby wis comin so we cleared!

And now in English:

Well we had this old camera so we put some video tape in it and went out to Dunnet where we had lots to drink then shot some film. It was a good laugh until some young boy said that the police were on their way so we left!
After some consideration maybe I'll not put any commentries on.
Extra features on DVDs are fine but what about just showing the main films. This is where the problem may lie in stale production and creativity. Each individual film we find entertaining but if you string four films of the same type together in the programme the audience will sleep. If you mix the bag pitching the angle of the programme by using each type of film in a story format place as in a package feature, each film retains full audience interest.