printing Gmail meaage

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

printing Gmail meaage

Post by Roy1 »

Hi. I hope everyone who uses this forum is safe from the virus as I am lucky to be so at 93 years old. Can anyone tell me how to print a meaage from an incoming Email, it being a Gmail. I have looked at many info videos on youTube and have followed their instructions as far as possible and nothing happens. They all save click onto the print icon at the top rioght hand corner of the displayed email message. Butv the icon is never there when I try. I don't usually need the print out an email message, but in this case it is an email from DVLA confirming that I have taxed my car and I feel that I should have evidence in case my PC is corrupted and I lose all my stored emails. Thanks for any step by step instructions and stay safe.
Dave Watterson

Re: printing Gmail meaage

Post by Dave Watterson »

Hello Roy

On my gmail there is a set of menus at the top left of the screen. Under "File" you find "Print"
OR
Put your cursor in the message, right-click and from the menu which pops up choose "Print"

An alternative is to put your cursor in the message
select it all (on a desktop pc hold the "ctrl" key and tap A) OR just click the mouse at the start of the message, hold the mouse button and drag the cursor to the end of the message,
copy it (on a desktop PC hold the "ctrl" key and tap C) OR go to the "Edit" menu at the top and choose "Copy"
then open a new page on your word-processor and paste the message into it. (On a desktop hold "ctrl" and tap V) OR use the "Edit" menu and choose "Paste".
Then you can print it from the word-processor.

I hope one of these solutions works for you.

Thanks for the good wishes - I am sure we all wish you good health in this difficult time.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Thanks Dave . I have sussed out the problem. What was happening was the print icon was not showing up on th email page. Wharever method I used to print the email message the result was everything was blacked out. I noticed that the presentation of the PC files had changed for some reason. Instead of the original display of black text on a white background it had changed to white text on a black background. I wondered if the black background was covering up the print ICON as well as the text. With nothing to lose I changed the set up to standard WIN7 . Low and behold it worked and the print icon now is showing on the email page and I have printed out the email I wanted. Thanks again for your interest, If you hadn't told me I wouldn't of known that the print icon was meant to be there, Stay safe, Roy
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

HURRAH!