Extracting Audio

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
TimStannard

Extracting Audio

Post by TimStannard »

I have a club member who wants to process some audio with Izotope RX7 Elements (after my demo of Standard). She came to extract the audio from her video file only to discover the two NLEs she has (Edius and Premiere Elements) will not allow her to do so. I'm not familiar with either so assume she is correct.

The question is therefore: what free or cheap product will allow her to extract audio - preferably WAV - from her AVCHD footage taken with a Panasonic X900?

(I thought this was going to be easy, but Resolve doesn't, HitFilm doesn't, Handbrake at least does MP3)

Of course Vegas Pro allows me to create wav files, and I can see Vegas Movie Studio also does - at only £40 - but free would be good!
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Dave Watterson

Re: Extracting Audio

Post by Dave Watterson »

From memory Edius allows export of a soundtrack ...
TimStannard

Re: Extracting Audio

Post by TimStannard »

Dave Watterson wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:48 pm From memory Edius allows export of a soundtrack ...
And this morning I receive an email from said user that she's managed to work out how to export a wav file from Edius!

Thank Dave.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it