Adobe premiere pro CS6 rubber bands

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

Adobe premiere pro CS6 rubber bands

Post by Roy1 »

Hi. I don't know if I'm using the right terminology but I refer to the thin line that adjusts the volume on each audio track on the timeline. My problem is that at 92 my eyes are not very sharp and as the line is a pale yellow in colour against a white background I am not always can see it when I make an adjustment. Is it possible to change the colour of this line. I note that colour of other things can be changed in the settings, but I can't see any indication of how to change the line I am referring to. Any help will be gratefully received.
Peter Stedman

Re: Adobe premiere pro CS6 rubber bands

Post by Peter Stedman »

I know exactly what you mean Roy and I'm only 84 . . . I don't know of any way to change the colour of that volume adjusting line, but a better and more precise way is to RIGHT CLICK on the clip and a dropdown list will appear. Look down this list and you will come to AUDIO GAIN. Click on this and a box will open where you can adjust the volume (gain) by numbers. Either up or down. I find this much better although the numbers are a bit small. Hope this helps. Pete.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Hi Peter. Thanks for your reply. I know about Audio Gain and have used it several times. For me it has a drawback in that it cannot be used whilst listening to the audio track and so it slows me up when I have over fifty different audio clips on the time line. I have to guess the amount of increase or decrease needed, then play back the clip to find out if it fits in with the rest of the sound level. With the rubber bands however, I can listen to the audio whilst altering the level. Thanks anyway for your offered advice. Roy.
Richard Scarsbrook

Post by Richard Scarsbrook »

You can change levels during playback using the Audio Mixer panel. I don't think you can change the appearance of the rubber band though.