adobe premiere capture device

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

adobe premiere capture device

Post by Roy1 »

Hi. I have a Windows 7 Adobe CS5 on one PC and Windows 7 Adobe CS6 on another PC. The problem is that on both PC's the Capture device no longer appears. On both programmes the capture device is declared offline. This has suddenly happened. A PC knowledgeable friend, who actually installed everything for me cannot help. Can anyone on this forum explain what has happened and how I can retrieve the capture device? The PC with the CS6 on board is for editing only and is not connected to the internet while the PC with the CS5 is connected to the internet. Thanks for any help.
Dave Watterson

Re: adobe premiere capture device

Post by Dave Watterson »

Hi Roy

Maybe all our experts are on holiday.
There are some suggestions on the Adobe helpline. Look at
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb ... video.html
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Thanks Dave for your input. Not that I'm clever enough to act on the info. I was wondering that since the capture device is not operating with the Panasonic cam. on two Pc's I wonder id it is the camera at fault. I wonder if the firewire socket on the camera is at fault. I say this because I have tried the capture device with another earlier Panasonic camcorder, which I no longer use for videoing, and the capture device works with no trouble. I hope somebody can comment on this. Thanks again
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

I remember hearing that you could 'fry' the FireWire sockets by connecting the DV deck to a computer while they were both turned on, and by the sound of it this is what's happened to you. A pretty poor design that allowed this, I'll give you.