IEEE 1394a problem

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
John Alcock

IEEE 1394a problem

Post by John Alcock »

I have Sony HS3 andFX7 camcorders recording to miniDV cassettes. I also have a Panasonic SD900, thank goodness. I say "Thank goodness" because I can no longer download any Sony miniDV material as the Sony cameras are no longer recognised. I am aware of others who have this problem which seems to have happened overnight a couple of years or so ago. I have tried three different IEEE 1394a cards to no avail.
I use Edius 6.5 or Adobe Premiere Elements 14 in Windows7. The Panasonic SD900 happily gives great results in this set-up.

I should be grateful for any help!

John Alcock
John Alcock
tom hardwick

Re: IEEE 1394a problem

Post by tom hardwick »

Just to clarify John, are you saying that when you connect your mini DV camcorders via FireWire and open Edius 6.5's capture program the camcorder isn't recognised, doesn't show up, or that it is recognised but you can't capture the footage? Has anything changed in your edit program since it last worked ok?
Odd that neither Edius or premiere capture the files.
John Alcock

Re: IEEE 1394a problem

Post by John Alcock »

Thanks for your reply, Tom. Since posting the problem I've made some progress. My Sony HS3 camcorder still is not recognised but my Sony FX7 now is.
So I can capture via the Sony PlayMemories program into Edius or Premiere. I don't understand but I won't look a gift-horse in the mouth.
John Alcock