Blu-ray discs

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

Blu-ray discs

Post by Roy1 »

Hi. Can anyone recommend a brand of BD-RE discs that are reliable. I have bought Verbatim BD-RE and they don't work. I always thought that Verbatim were excellent but times change I guess.
John Roberts

Re: Blu-ray discs

Post by John Roberts »

Hi Roy,

Personally I have no experience with BD-RE discs, I've always steered clear of rewritable discs after long-term use failures of rewritable CDs and DVDs in the past. However, the BD-R brand I use is TDK and, touch wood, never had an issue with them. Maybe try them?

Everyone will have their favourites, I'm sure :)
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

HI John. I use BD-RE discs just to check that my finished video is how I want it before burning to a BD-R. For final BD-R I always use Aone discs. They have never failed me after using about a hundred and they are cheap. Unfortunately they don't make BD-RE. I'll try TDK rewritable. Thanks for suggestion.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Like Roy I also use BEs for checking the finished video/menu. I'm still using the five Verbatim BEs I bought when I first started producing BDs several years ago without any issue.

On the other hand, I also use AOne BD-Rs and I have had duds.

In the words of the Chuck Berry ditty "It goes to show you never can tell".
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it