no sound

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

no sound

Post by Roy1 »

I have just had a new problem to me. I have just completed a new video with Adobe CS5 premiere pro and when transferring it to Encore to make an ISO file encore only shows the video is there and no sound on playback still in encore. I exported the premiere timeline and made it into an Mpeg 2 file and everything worked but now after adding extra clips to the premiere timeline the sound won't transfer again. So I'm back to the original problem again. I have attempting to make a DVD and I am wondering if I'm putting to much detail for a DVD. Any ideas how to resolve this problem will be welcome. thanks.
Roy1

Re: no sound

Post by Roy1 »

re my no sound problem. Now I can't open encore as a message says:- RUNTIME ERROR. THIS APPLICATION HAS REQUESTED THE RUNTIME TO TERMINATE IT IN AN UNUSUAL WAY. anyone KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Since my last entry about RUNTIME ERROR. This message no longer appears and I can now open Encore. Why I don't know but I did go through my hard drives and deleted a lot of the files which I used for the offending video. I still cannot get Encore to record the sound. Even when I try to transfer the timeline to Encore using previous successful videos, as well as new ones made tonight no sound is recorded by Encore. So I still need help with that matter.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Hi Roy. I'm not an Adobe user so I don't know how useful this might be.

I've just reread your post and it appears you transfer directly from the timeline to Encore which may mean that there is no intermediate MPEG2 file.But as I've written it anyway, the following may just give some hint as to what may be going on....

I'm assuming that when you refer to Encore "recording" the sound, you don't actually mean you record sound into Encore, rather you mean the audio you (think you) exported from Premiere is not being imported into Encore. This is based on the fact Encore is a DVD authoring program and not a recording program/editor. If I am wrong please move on to the next post!

Anyway my guess is that you are not exporting the audio stream with your MPEG2 file. Probably because you have inadvertently turned off that option. MPEG2 files comprise a video stream and a separate audio stream. In my NLE (Vegas) I can choose to export the audio or not. Indeed for creating DVDs and BluRay I chose to export the video stream only then export the audio stream using Dolby ac3. For as long as I've used it this has been the preferred method among Vegas users as ac3 produces excellent quality at a much greater compression than. But I digress.

It's simple to see if this is the case - just play the MPEG2 file you have exported in Windows media player or bring it back into Premiere. If the audio track is empty, then something has gone wrong with the export.

If, on the other hand, the audio IS on the MPEG2 file, then the problem is within Encore - have you possibly set something so that it no longer imports audio.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

TIM. Thanks for your input. I'm pretty sure that I have solved the problem. I have managed to make three DVD's and the sound is now there. I am now going to reconstruct the video I was editing when the problem emerged to see if the problem returns. May I wish you a Happy Xmas and a good new year for videoing. Roy
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

And the same good wishes to you, Roy
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it