formatting

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

formatting

Post by Roy1 »

HI. Can someone tell me how to format a BD-RE disc. I thought IMGburn would do it. It mentions an erase button but I can't find it. While trying to burn to a disc on Imgburn it said that the disc needed to be formatted. It asked if I wanted to format it, I clicked yes but nothing happened, Now the Verbatim BD-RE disc is unusable. Any Solution will be appreciated. Thanks.
Dave Watterson

Re: formatting

Post by Dave Watterson »

Try the ImgBurn Tools menu. Go to Drive. Then go to Erase Disk.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Thanks Dave for the info. However I tried to format with ingburn and after two hours it said that the format had been successful. So I tried to burn an iso onto the same disc but again it said it wanted formatted, and when asked if I wanted to format it, again I said yes and then a notice said an error had occurred and the disc wasn't recognised. I can only surmise that the disc is now a dud and useless. What do you think?
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

It sounds like the disc is a dud all right. Normally a rewriteable disc that contains data simply needs to be inserted into the drive and a pop-up will warn you that it contains data and that would need to be erased before new files can be written to the disc. Did you not get this simple message? Reformatting sounds a very heavy handed term to use.
tom.