youtube downloader

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

youtube downloader

Post by Roy1 »

Can anyone solve this problem which has just surfaced. I use the youtube downloader to download a video from you tube and place it on a flashdrive. This works okay but when I plug the Flashdrive into another PC it doesn't work. It always has done in the past. Any suggestions appreciated. The PC that doesn't now accept the flashdrive is not connected to the internet.
Roy1

Re: youtube downloader

Post by Roy1 »

I thought I had to tell you that I have, much to my surprise, solved the problem.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Well done, but please let us know the secret in case we have a similar problem..
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

The answer was quite simple really but my old brain took a time to think about it. I reasoned that if windows media and quicktime did not recognise the codecs or format used with the original video then I had to change those codecs or formats so that the video was recognised. I downloaded a free video converter from the internet and converted the video to MP4 ACC audio and low and behold it worked. I don't know why the original video had the unrecognisable codecs etc. It may be that You Tube is using a different method of uploading or it maybe it's because the downloader I am using has just automatically downloaded a new version on my PC. It could be the latter as it is the downloaded version of the video that I have converted and not the original you tube video. Anyway I am not bothered why it happened as long as I have found the answer.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Thanks Roy. It just goes to show you can never rely on something working teh same today as it has for the past 5 years!
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it