Exporting from CS6 to V tape

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

Exporting from CS6 to V tape

Post by Peter Stedman »

A colleague brought me a mini DV tape to edit and export back to another DV tape. I haven’t used tape for a long while and even longer since I exported out to tape.

His project has been edited in Prem CS6 - but the problem is that on exporting to tape we get no audio. The picture is fine. We've tried change of firewire cable and recording decks to no avail so it must be some setting in Premiere CS6 that not correct. Any ideas here please as my colleague is desperate?

Is there any other way – such as exporting from CS6 as a file and saving, then follow some path to getting it onto tape?

Thanks. Pete. :x
col lamb

Re: Exporting from CS6 to V tape

Post by col lamb »

What is the audio settings on the timeline that you are exporting?

You can also try exporting to a file and then import that into a Premiere standard DV project. Then export that timeline.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Peter Stedman

Re: Exporting from CS6 to V tape

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks for your reply Col. I will follow up on this for future ref. but have managed to get around it by exporting the file and then putting it into an old prog of Pinnacle Studio 12 and from there to tape.

Thanks again. Pete.