Internet access problem

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

Internet access problem

Post by Peter Stedman »

I have an Acer Laptop on Win 8.1 and use Chrome. It’s not used for video but just for getting Catch-up TV when in bed. For the past couple of days I have been unable to get full web access. I can receive e-mails and on the desktop I have an icon for MSN NEWS and that works OK. So I know the machine is connected to the internet.

I can type into Google names etc. and it brings up a list of items as usual but when trying to connect to any web site I get the message ‘This web page is not available’. My two desktop machines are working fine.

My knowledge of general computer skills is limited and even more so with Win 8. Any ideas and suggestions for me to try please.

Thanks. Pete.
TimStannard

Re: Internet access problem

Post by TimStannard »

Phone your ISP. I get this with a client occasionally when BT decide they haven't paid their bill. This can also be a DNS issue. You ISP support people will be the best to talk you through this.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Peter Stedman

Re: Internet access problem

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks Tim. I will pass this tip to my tame expert who is due to visit soon. Pete.