Wrong ratio

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Alwyn Anne

Wrong ratio

Post by Alwyn Anne »

Hi all

Can anyone tell me please why it is that two films I have uploaded onto"Youtube" have gone on as 4.3 and they should be 16.9. Never had this problem before!! :?
Roy1

Re: Wrong ratio

Post by Roy1 »

All kind of strange things now happen with you tube. I tried to upload a ten minute video yesterday it took ten hours and I thought it had been processed. A message said "congratulations your video is now on you tube but we have noticed it's a bit shaken, shall we fix it for you" I clicked on yes thinking that this is a new great service. After a few more hours a message said we have fixed your video. Great I thought and attempted to play the video on you tube. The first few minutes were certainly rock steady now but the rest of the video was just not there. All it showed was a blank RED screen.
Peter B

Post by Peter B »

This would seem to be a common problem with YouTube, I've seen several videos on there that are clearly 16:9 squashed down to 4:3 but I've no idea why it happens.

I gave up uploading videos to YouTube a couple of years ago and now use Vimeo.
My attempts at videos & AV sequences can be found on my website- http://www.dragon-sanctuary.co.uk
Alwyn Anne

Post by Alwyn Anne »

Thank you everyone. Maybe I will give Vimeo a go.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Alwyn. You could delete the offending video on YouTube and try uploading it again. This has worked for me. Vimeo is very good but I find you have a much much bigger audience with You Tube.